Through the initiative of Dr. Jesus A. Galvan as the dean and with the full support of the co-founder of Lyceum-Northwestern, Mrs. Florencia T. Duque, the Lyceum-Northwestern University College of Dentistry was founded in 1977.
There were only twenty (20) students in the first year proper and four (4) students in the second year proper, during the first year of operation of the LNU College of Dentistry. Soon, the third year and the fourth year level were opened.
Lyceum-Northwestern University College of Dentistry aims to mold the minds of today’s young generation by imparting the proper knowledge, training and values through improved revised curricula, by competent instructors and guided research that will provide benefits for the society and the nation.
1.To encourage the dental learner in developing self-confidence in the practice of dentistry.
2.To enable the dental students to value the dental needs of the community by providing comfort and satisfaction concerning oral health problems.
The Lyceum-Northwestern University College of Dentistry guides the dental students in adopting a school barangay in promoting and maintaining extended dental health services for the less fortunate pupils of the community.
Admission Requirements for Pre-dentistry
For Filipino students:
1. High School Card (Form 138)
2. Two (2) 2 x 2 Picture
3. One (1) Long Folder
4. One (1) Paper Fastener
5. One (1) Certificate of Good Moral Character
6. Five (5) Short Ordinary Envelope
7. Five (5) Ordinary Stamps
8. One (1) Ordinary Birth Certificate
For Foreign students:
1. Six (6) copies of original Personal History Statement (PHS), duly accomplished and signed by the applicant in English and in National alphabet, accompanied by personal seal, if any, original left and right hand thumbprints on PHS and original photos.
2. Transcript of Records/Scholastic Records (Original and Xerox Copy) duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate Office in the Philippines of the student.
3. A notarized Affidavit of Support, and any proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses.
4. Birth certificate and / or Passport pages where name, photo, birth date, birthplace appear.
5. Original and photocopy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) from school containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal.
6. Original and photocopy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) for students of Dentistry and Medicine.
With this documents submitted, the student may then secure his/her Student Visa 9 (f) from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
For inquiries, visit or contact, Lyceum Northwestern University College of Dentistry, Tapuac District, Dagupan City, Pangasinan 2400. Telephone numbers 075 5158684, 075 5158682